New Zealand Visa For Indians
New Zealand the country to earn the largest amount of foreign exchange through tourism with the earnings of NZD 14.5 billion annually has become one of the favorite destinations for the tourist visitors with 3.4 million visitors every year.
New Zealand Tourism Board, a government department dedicated to tourism played an important role in attracting the tourist to their nation. The maximum tourist here is from Australia, China, and the USA. India ranks 9th in the list of visitors to New Zealand.
Indians planning to visit New Zealand needs to have a valid document known as New Zealand Tourist Visa for Indians. New Zealand Visa is processed online and the visa received will be an e-visa. For New Zealand Visa application a family can file a single application when spouse and child below the age of 18 are traveling together and are dependent on the primary applicant.
Types of New Zealand Visa for Indians
New Zealand Tourist Visa Indians intending to visit New Zealand for tourism purposes or to meet their family & friends in New Zealand have to apply for the tourist/visitor visa.
New Zealand Business Visa Indians visiting New Zealand to attend business meetings, conference, and seminar needs to apply for the appropriate business visa.
New Zealand Transit Visa Indians traveling to the third country and having a layover in New Zealand need to apply for a transit visa. Before applying for the transit visa you need to have a valid visa for the third country.
New Zealand Student Visa Indian Students visiting New Zealand for completing further studies need to apply for the student visa based on their course and the time taken for the course to get completed.
New Zealand Work Visa Indians planning to visit New Zealand for work purposes have to apply for the work visa based on the work carried out in New Zealand and the period taken for that work to be completed or 2 years whichever is maximum.
New Zealand Dependent Visa Indians whose spouse or parents are working in New Zealand on a temporary visa can visit New Zealand as dependent to meet them but cannot carry out any kind of employment unless allowed.
New Zealand Visa Checklist India
- Passport with the validity of 6 months from the intended date of arrival in New Zealand (with 2 blank pages).
- Passport must be scanned with all the stamps and visas on the passport or if blank then the entire Passport needs to be scanned.
- Cover letter in detail addressing to the New Zealand Consulate
- Photographs with a dimension of 35mm x 45mm with white background, 80% face, and matt finish.
- 6 months bank statement in A4 size stamped and signed by the bank.
- 3 years Income Tax Returns
- Any other financial documents if required.
- Travel Itinerary (if applicable)
- Hotel Accommodation (if applicable)
- Appointment/ offer letter
- 3 months salary slips
- Leave letter/NOC from the company
Self Employed Applicants
- Cover letter on company’s letterhead in detail
- Business Registration Papers
- Company bank statement on A4 size paper stamped and signed by the bank
- Income Tax Returns of the company for 3 years.
- Sponsorship letter
- Passport copy of the sponsor
- Employment proof of the sponsor
- Bank Statement attested with enough funds & Income tax returns of the sponsor
- Invitation letter
- Passport copy of the inviter
- Visa Copy or residence card of the inviter
- Employment proof of the inviter
- Residence proof of the inviter
- Tax paper of the inviter if applicable
Above mentioned is the list of the New Zealand tourist visa requirements from India which is to be uploaded in PDF format while applying for an online visa. No documents are required in the original unless asked by the consulate.
New Zealand Visitor Visa Fees in Indian Rupees
As per visa conditions
As per visa conditions
New Zealand Tourist Visa processing time
- New Zealand visa is processed in 35 -45 days. Though it may vary on case to case hence it advisable to apply well in advance before your intended travel date to New Zealand.
- New Zealand Tourist Visa Fees is paid online after submission of the online application by debit/credit card. VFS charges are to be paid at the center when you visit for the verification of the Passport.
Why choose us?
- By choosing our services you are at the right place as we have a dedicated team who will look after your entire New Zealand Visa Process including preparation of the cover letter, submitting the online application, advising and guidance on the documents to be submitted as per the case.
- Once submitted online our visa expert will keep you updated on the process.
- Our visa experts are regularly updated on the policies and changes made by the consulate.
- We have processed many applications with a success ratio of 100%.
request a call back
How to start the New Zealand Visa application with us?
- Leave your contact details with us by filling the above-mentioned form and you will receive a call within 3 working hours from our visa expert.
- You need to explain the expert your purpose of travel, duration, planned itinerary so that our expert can guide you on that.
- Pay our services through online payment mode and get started with your application. Our designated expert will share the checklist and advise on the documents required to be arranged from your end.
- Once all the documents are received on the mail as per the checklist and verified by the expert will start with the online form and uploading of the documents.
- On completion of filling the online form and verified, you need to pay the visa fees so that we can make payment to the consulate.
- After the online submission Passport is to submit at the nearby VFS center for the verification purpose which is done within a day.
- Make sure to visit the center in 2 -3 working days after submitting the online application as until the passport is not verified at the VFS center consulate will not start the visa process.
- While visiting the VFS center you need to carry Original Passports, Payment receipt and Thank You letter. VFS representative will verify the passport scan and take the Xerox of the entire passport. You also need to make the payment of INR 722/-.
- On completion of scanning and collecting the Xerox copy Passport will be returned immediately as visa generated will be an e-visa and it will be forwarded through registered mail id.
- VFS centers accept the Passports at Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar centers.
- In case of any document not submitted while applying you are allowed to submit it later with the same form. New Zealand Consulate has a window wherein you can submit any documents later if not submitted while filing online.
- Visa is processed in 35 – 45 days. Once the process is completed you receive the visa on the registered mail id. Visa received will be an e-visa.
NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR INDIANS FAQ'S
Are work visas for New Zealand processed from India?
Yes, Once you receive the approval from the employer in New Zealand and the required documents you need to apply in India.
I am planning to study in New Zealand can I apply for a student visa from India?
Yes, you can apply from India once you receive the enrollment receipt and it is accepted and approved from School/University in New Zealand.
How long can I stay in New Zealand with a valid tourist visa?
You can stay for a maximum of 3 months on each arrival with a valid visa or as per the conditions mentioned on the visa.
Can I visit multiple times with the New Zealand visitor visa?
Yes, if you receive a multiple entry visa you can visit multiple times as long as the visa is valid.
My Passport is expiring in 6 months can I apply for the tourist visa?
No, you need to hold a passport with the validity of 6 months from your intended date of arrival in New Zealand.
Am I required to visit the center for submission of the documents or biometrics for a tourist visa?
Yes, New Zealand tourist visa is an online process and the documents submitted will be online but the applicant is required to visit the center for verification of the Passport. Biometrics is required only if the consulate asks for the same.
What is the New Zealand tourist visa processing time?
New Zealand tourist visa is processed in 35 – 45 Though the final decision is with the consulate.
Can I reapply again if my visa gets New Zealand Visa rejected?
Yes, you can reapply again if your visa gets rejected. However, the reconsideration of the application is the sole discretion of the consulate.
Are the visa fees refunded in case of application been rejected?
No, Visa fees are non – refundable.
Points to Remember
- Make sure all the documents are submitted in the PDF format with all the contents visible and none of the documents are password protected.
- Once you receive the visa check all the details such as name, passport number, visa validity, and stay period in New Zealand.
- Make sure to carry an New Zealand sim card and sufficient currency while traveling.
- Always carry foreign exchange receipts, the Immigration Department may ask for it.
- While you are traveling on the tour you can be asked for the return ticket to your home country by the airport authorities.
- Immigration department may ask the questions related to the travel plans, inviter’s details if any as visa allows you to travel to that country but doesn’t guarantee entry in that country as the final decision will be taken by the immigration authority at the arrival airport.
Places to visit in New Zealand
New Zealand, the country with lots of beautiful places and a heaven for the adventure sports lovers. The beauty of New Zealand lies in its cascading waterfalls, hot water springs, pristine beaches, and radiant glaciers to explore this amazing country. Adventure sports lovers have a lot of options to choose from including water rafting, luging, jet-boating, skydiving, heli-skiing, hiking, and mountain biking.
The Bay of Islands one of the most popular destinations in New Zealand makes up of more than 144 islands which is a paradise for sailing and yachting. Abundant marine life is an important feature here with Penguins, dolphins, whales, and sport-fishing spot. Kayaking and hiking give immense pleasure to the adventurous people.
Tongariro National Park situated in the centre of North Island. A world heritage site famous for its volcanic features, Maori culture, turquoise lakes, hot springs, plateaus and meadows. This is one of the oldest National Park in the world. You can enjoy camping, park walk, and hiking. Lake Taupo a few kilometers away from National Park is a delightful watch.
Rotorua the most active geothermal region in the world is famous for steaming geysers, boiling mud, volcanic craters, thermal springs, and mineral-rich water adds to its beauty. Sky diving, luging, trekking, and mountain biking make it a loving place for adventurous people. Trout fishing is also very famous here.
Queenstown recognized as the adventure capital and top tourist destination is must visit place while in New Zealand. The heaven for the adventure lovers has a list of activities to offer including bungee jumping, jet boating, rock climbing, paragliding, hiking, rafting, downhill skiing, and mountain biking the list goes on.
Fiordland National Park a world heritage site has the most dazzling scenery with waterfalls, offshore islands, stretched lakes, high mountain peaks, and gushing cascades. You can explore the fjords through sea kayaking or a flight to get the birds-eye view of this natural beauty.