US Visa For Indians
The United States of America comprising of 50 states, 5 self-governing territories, and a federal district is the fourth-largest country area-wise and third-largest country population-wise has plenty of visitors from all the parts of the world. Though the purpose of the visit may be different the common thing for everyone visiting the US will require a valid US visa for Indians.
Types of US visa for Indians
Every traveler has a different motive to visit a particular country and based on that criteria visa is applied. The immigration department handles the visa processing wherein the consulate is considered as the higher authority/decision-maker for the visa.
Based on the purpose of travel visa is categorized as follows:
US Tourist Visa Indians traveling as a visitor or tourist to the US needs to have a valid US tourist Visa for Indians which is known as B1/B2 Visa and you need to arrange the documents accordingly.
US Transit Visa People traveling to the third country with a stopover in the US need to hold a valid transit visa which is categorized as C Visa. Documents will be submitted accordingly but you need to hold the visa of the destination country before applying for Transit Visa.
US Business Visa Traveling for Business Purpose i.e business meetings, business conference, attending seminars need to apply for B1/B2 Visa wherein the purpose of the visit must be specified.
US Student Visa Indian citizens planning to take further studies in the US need to apply for a US Student visa under the F1 Visa category if your course study is more than 18 hours a week. If you plan to take up non- academic, vocational courses, or training in the US then you need to apply for M1 Visa.
US Work Visa Indians planning to work in the US temporarily as a non-immigrant need to apply for the US work Visa and the visa is categorized based on the specific work you will be carrying out in the US. H, L, O, P, and Q visa type fall under a work visa.
US Dependent Visa When the principal holder of H or L visa wants to invite their spouse and unmarried children below the age of 21 then they can accompany as a dependent on H4 or L2 visa.
US Tourist Visa Requirements
- Original Passport (at least 2 pages must be blank)
- DS-160 Form
- Appointment letter
- Covering letter in detail addressing to the US Consulate
- Photographs will be taken at the VFS center during the first appointment for biometrics
- 6 months bank statement in original signed & stamped by the bank
- Income Tax Returns for 3 years
- Any other financial documents
- Appointment letter
- Salary Slips
- Leave Letter/NOC
- Covering letter on company letter-head
- Business Registration Papers
- Current account bank statement in original attested by the bank
- Income Tax Returns for 3 years for private limited or partnership firms.
- Sponsorship Letter
- Passport Copy of the sponsor
- Employment proof of the sponsor
- Bank Statement & Income Tax Returns of the sponsor
- Invitation Letter
- Passport Copy
- Visa copy or Green Card copy
- 1 Employment proof in the US
- 1 Residence proof in the US
US visitor visa renewal
Applicants who need to get their visa renewed are not required to attend for an interview or biometrics you can use the facility of the drop box at the VFS center. You need to submit the below-mentioned list of the documents for processing the visa. For Renewal the Passport must be submitted within 1 year of the visa expiry.
- Original Passports (at least 2 blank pages)
- DS 160 Form
- 2 Photographs with the dimension of 2 inches x 2 inches, white background, matt finish, and not older than 6 months.
- Appointment Letter
US Tourist Visa Fees
|Visa Category||Validity||Consulate Charges||Service Fee|
|B1/B2 – Tourist or Business Visa||10 years or as per the consulate discretion||INR 11,520||INR 2000|
|Renewal of B1/B2 Visa||10 years or as per the consulate discretion||INR 11,520||INR 1,500|
US Tourist Visa Validity
- Indian Citizens traveling to the US on B1/B2 Visa normally receive the visa with 10 years validity of multiple entries. The maximum stay period on each arrival in the US is for 6 months.
Why choose us?
- On choosing our services you can be assured you are at the right place as we have a dedicated team who looks after the US visa processing and our visa expert will help you in guiding you on the documents, preparation of the application, Filling and submitting DS-160 Form, and guidance on US Visa interview.
- Our visa experts are regularly updated on the visa updates and changes in the policy made by the consulate.
- We have processed more than 1500+ visa applications for the US with a success ratio of more than 95%.
Visa For Indians is an online visa company. We provide in all major cities like Bangalore, Mumbai,Pune,Goa,Delhi, Kolkata,Kochi Chennai,Trivandrum,Ahmedabad,Rajkot,Surat & almost all States in India.
People visiting the United States of America, tend to travel Canada, Apply Canada tourist visa with us
request a call back
How to start the US visa application?
- Once you leave your contact details with us by filling the above-mentioned form you will receive a call within 3 hours during working days.
- Explain the purpose of your travel, duration, and itinerary to our expert to guide you properly.
- Pay our service fees online and get started with the application. Our assigned expert will share the checklist of the documents required and a prompt form for filling the DS 160 form. Please make sure to give all the correct details as form once submitted cannot be changed or reversed.
- After completion of filling up the form, our expert will share it with you. You can cross-verify all the details and on your approval will submit the form and book the appointment for biometrics at VFS center & interview with the consulate as per your convenience and subject of availability of the slots.
- On the appointment date for the biometrics at VFS center you need to carry Original Passport, DS -160 form, and Appointment letter.
- On the appointment date for interview with the consular, you need to carry all the documents as per the checklist with original passport, DS 160 form, appointment letter, and VFS receipt of submission of the biometrics.
- If your visa gets approved Consulate will collect the Passport and return it once the visa is stamped the normal processing time to get the visa stamped is 5 -7 working days. In case the visa gets rejected Passport will be given back immediately.
US VISA FOR INDIANS FAQ'S
Work Visa for the US can be processed from India?
Yes, you need to apply from India however, you need to have the approval from the employer in the US and Form I-797 and I-129 to process it from India.
I want to study in the US and need to apply for a student visa can I apply it from India?
Yes, you need to apply from India once it is accepted and approved by the school or program in the US.
Can I be guided on the US tourist visa interview questions?
Yes, our visa expert will guide you and prepare you for the interview and the possible questions asked during the interview based on your application.
How long can I stay in the US with a valid B1/B2 visa?
You can stay for a maximum period of 6 months on each arrival in the US as long as your visa is valid.
Can I visit multiple times with the US B1/B2 visa?
Yes, you can visit multiple times as it will be a multiple entry visa.
My Passport is expiring in 6 months can I apply for the tourist visa?
No, you cannot apply for the visa as the passport must have the validity of 6 months from your intended date of exit from the US.
Is biometrics mandatory to submit for visa processing?
Yes, Biometrics is mandatory to be submitted for getting the visa processed. Only the children below the age of 14 years and citizens.
What is the processing time for the US B1/B2 visa?
The normal processing time after the interview is of 5 -7 working days once your visa gets approved.
Can I reapply if my US Visa gets rejected?
Yes, you can reapply immediately. However, the reconsideration of the application will be the sole discretion of the consulate.
Are the visa fees refunded in case of the application gets rejected?
No, consulate charges, VFS charges, and service fees are non-refundable.
Passport Collection from the VFS center
- If your visa is approved and passport is collected by the embassy you can check the status online and collect the passport after 24 to 48 hrs after received the intimation on the collection of the passport.
- After collection of passport, check your passport and visa properly, cross-verify your passport number, name, date of birth, visa category & validity of the US visa.
- If you find any correction in visa, report it to the VFS staff and send an email to the US Consulate on the same.
- Once you receive the visa you can plan a trip to your dream destination, book a flight ticket with us & get offers and discounts.
Points to Remember
- Make sure to carry the US sim card and sufficient currency while traveling.
- Always carry foreign exchange receipts, as the immigration department may ask for it sometimes.
- When you are traveling on the tourist visa you may be asked for a return flight ticket to your home country by the airport authorities.
- Hotel Accommodation or Inviter’s documents can be asked by the airport authorities to make sure to carry a copy of them while you travel.
- Immigration department in the US can ask you various questions related to your stay, make sure you answer it correctly, as visa allows you to travel to the Country but does not guarantee the entry, as the final decision is made by the immigration officer at the arrival airport.
Places to visit in the US
The USA a country which makes you fall in love with its coastlines to big cities to plenty of mesmerizing destinations hence it becomes hard to decide to select the best ones of it. A tourist spends maximum money in the US than any other country in the world. We have jotted down some amazing places not to be missed while in the US.
The Grand Canyon world heritage UNESCO site has approximately 6 million visitors annually. The massive expansion of gorge’s, ridges, and rock formation makes you go awestruck at the sight of Grand Canyon. The best way to explore the beauty of the Canyon is through hiking. Rafting in the Colorado River is also an exciting experience here.
Yosemite National Park is a 1200 square miles park with waterfalls, old sequoia trees, cliffs, and unique rock formation. Maximum tourist activities take place in Yosemite Valley wherein you can visit Half Dome, Glacier Point, and Mariposa Grove. Hiking at the John Muir Trail and the Mist Trail is a unique adventure.
New York City The most attractive, loved and famous city in the world is a must-visit on a trip to the USA. The most populous city in the US is famous for its food, fashion, and art. Every visitor here can find something to enjoy in Big Apple such as museums, food, shopping, and broadway shows. Central Park Zoo and Conservatory Garden can also be explored.
Niagara Falls a group of 3 waterfalls is the top-most natural wonder of the world. The mammoth river running towards the 188-foot waterfall at 30mph, misty fog, and the roars heard miles away attracts many visitors. The beauty of the waterfall is mesmerizing and crowds flock here to catch the glimpse of this amazing water and to feel the mist on their faces. You can even visit Niagara Park Botanical Gardens to see and feel the lush greenery in the park.